Some employers are turning to behavioral assessments and personality tests to help prescreen applicants prior to the interview. There are a number of tests that can be administered online. Most take under an hour to complete and costs vary depending on the test you choose.
It is wise to work with your Human Resource department to find a test that is specifically geared towards evaluating job applicants. Tests that can double as medical tests or are used to diagnose mental illness are unsuitable as they have led to lawsuits and have been found to be discriminatory. Human Resources professionals will know if there are any state laws regulating the use of these types of tests and which are suitable for your purpose.
Some recommended tests include:
- Predictive Index
- People Decision Center tests
- Comprehensive Personality Profile
If your government is currently using or has used pre-employment testing and you’d like to share your experience with our membership, please e-mail us at email@example.com. Please include the following information in your submission:
- What is the name of your organization?
- What types of debt do you collect?
- How many collectors does your organization employ?
- Does your government currently utilize pre-employment tests?
- What screening product or method was used?
- What do you think made the process successful or unsuccessful?
NOTE: We use the requested information to assist our members in determining the value of your experience as it relates to their organization. Please be aware that your submission is posted on our site with the intention that all or part of the document will be copied and used by other agencies. Please do not submit any proprietary documents that cannot be shared amongst our users.