Live Chat has become mainstream in a customer service and is beginning to pop up in the debt collection arena. Like virtual collecting, Live Chat capitalizes on the modern consumer’s propensity to conduct business online.
Embarrassment is a typical by-product of debt, and can keep a consumer from resolving their obligation in a timely manner. Procrastination by way of confusion, embarrassment, or the grind of daily life can often prove disastrous to the consumer, leading to increased fees, penalties, and additional enforcement action. Live Chat provides a mechanism for the customer to resolve their debt at their convenience and without person-to-person interaction.
The benefits include:
- Customers can access their account and payment options 24/7/365.
- Live Chat can be implemented inexpensively.
- Multi-lingual chat operators can assist customers of varying ethnicities.
- Chat agents can handle multiple chats at a time, improving the number of customers your government is able to service.
- Chat transcipts can be made available to the consumer, and can be utilized for internal training.
- Embarrassed customers can conduct their business with no personal interaction.